Sometimes I find myself in serious need of something crunchy and carby. I generally don’t keep chips or crackers around but every now and then I get a craving that only something perfectly crispy and chip-like will satisfy. This recipe developed through one of these moments. I really wanted something but not badly enough to actually put on pants leave the house to go get it from the store. I had some of Cappello’s lasagna noodles in the freezer and my wheels started spinning.
I knew from working with Cappello’s lasagna noodles before that they crisp up nicely when baked so I thought I might try my luck with making them into chips. I had recently bought a bottle of Trader Joe’s “Everything but the Bagel” sesame seasoning blend and it seemed like the perfect savory flavor profile. Alas, lasagna noodle crackers were born.
Calling this recipe simple is an understatement. You literally just brush some olive oil on these puppies, season them, and then wait patiently for a whole 7 minutes. Instant gratification.
I used the Trader Joe’s blend to season but the world is really your oyster when it comes to adding flavor to your chips. Put together your own “everything bagel” blend using sesame seeds, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Cappellos lasagna noodles
- Trader Joe's "Everything but the Bagel" sesame seasoning blend*
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Break your lasagna noodles into rough square pieces.
- Brush or rub noodles with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with seasoning of choice.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, checking in after the 5 minute mark to be sure that they don't burn.
- Remove them from the over just as they begin to brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
- *(or any other seasoning that you have/like)