Bluffin with my Muffin? Chocolate Chip Tahini Muffins with Butternut Squash
In my attempt to be better about posting, I thought I would be more diligent about passing along recipes that I’ve made and enjoyed. I tried this recipe for the first time last week and I quite enjoyed it. I had a can of pumpkin to finish up and an urge to do some baking so I googled and found this great recipe for Pumpkin Tahini from NerdyBites. I LOVED that it used tahini because…it’s amazing and it should be used for things besides hummus.
After making these the first day, I was so pleased that I decided to make another batch adding my own little inflections. Three people had the pleasure of eating these muffins and they all approved. Thus, I blog.
It’s free of gluten, grains, refined sugars, and dairy.It’s also SUPER simple. It has a touch of sweetness but not too much. My friend Mandy said she was actually fooled into thinking it was a “real” muffin, which takes the idea of “bluffin with my muffin” to a whole notha level. She also insisted that I put the phrase in the title of this post because it gave her a “deep chuckle.”
- 1/2 mashed ripe banana
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup butternut squash puree
- 1-2 Tbl Honey or maple syrup (I didn't want mine to be too sweet so I used about 1.5 TBL)
- 2 TBL coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 TBL semi-sweet chocolate chips**
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Use a fork to smash the smashed banana in a large mixing bowl (make sure you really smash up the banana and try to get rid of the clumps as much as possible)
- Add the egg, tahini, butternut squash puree, and honey and combine
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together coconut flour, pumpkin
- Add the dry ingredient to the well and stir to combine
- Line four muffin tin slots with baking cups and distribute the mixture evenly
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cook on a cooling rack for 3-5 minutes before devouring.
- *make sure you stir to get the thicker parts of the tahini as well
- **Make sure to check the ingredients on your chocolate chips for ingredients that you might be trying to avoid such as dairy or soy