Lentil Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Spinach
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted a recipe. I was away from my kitchen for two months while I was traveling and I wasn’t experimenting much during that time. Since I’ve been back in LA, things have been busy so I’ve been relying on old staples.
I originally made this recipe over the summer for a pot-luck hike with two friends (hi Becka! hi Emily!) A few weeks ago, I had another pot-luck picnic, this time with my yoga teacher training cohort (<3) and I made this again. In the crew, we have someone who is vegan and someone who is gluten-free so I adjusted the recipe to accommodate my vegan comrade and it was just as delicious.
I used the red lentil pasta from TJs, which is, hand down, my favorite variety of gluten-free pasta that they sell (the other one’s have weird textures).
- Lentil pasta from TJs
- Sun-dried tomatoes*
- Spinach leaves and stems
- 2 T of homemade mayo (can simply add olive oil for vegan variation)
- 1/2 avocado
- handful of fresh cilantro (I have also used parsley)
- 1-2 T fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Throw tomatoes, spinach, mayo (or olive oil), avocado and cilantro in the food processor and chop.
- Boil pasta al dente and sit to the side.
- Sautee garlic in cooking fat of choice (I prefer butter but I have used olive oil in a vegan variation), add in food processor contents, add spinach leaves
- Turn off heat, add in lentil pasta and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice.
- More cilantro if you're into that.
- * I have used sun-dried tomatoes both dry and in oil. Both work well. If using dry, you may want to add a bit more olive oil or mayo for more yumminess.