Nuts have been my main and favorite form of snack for years and has become absolutely critical to my new found paleo life. While I have no problem eating them, all of them, raw, straight from the plastic bags that Trader Joes distributes them in, sometimes it’s nice to jazz things up. This recipe is Jazz at its best. Simple and yummy. If you’re into smoky flavors, this is all you.
Smoky and Spicy Nut and Sesame Seed Blend
Original recipe from Oh She Glows
1/2 C cashew halves
1/2 C raw while almonds
1/4 C + 2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
1 T sesame seeds
1 T coconut aminos or low sodium tamari
1/4 tsp pure maple syrup
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1/8 cayenne pepper
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add nuts and seeds to a large bowl.
3. Combine wet ingredients and spices together in a small bowl.
4. Pour wet ingredients over dry and combines well, using a spatula get all of the wet ingredients and to thoroughly coat the nuts and seeds.
5. Spread nuts in a thin layer on parchment paper.
6. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove sheet from oven, stir and return to oven for another 10 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then eat…or store in a glass jar or air tight container.